Monday 5 October 2009

Swim 5 and 6 and a huge length defecit...

Well the swim challenge is really hotting up, or should I say cooling down?

I got led astray last week and only swam twice. Once on Tuesday (ah good, blogged that already), once on Friday. I had a really nice time last week - in my actual life, but by Friday, Swimmy Swim Number 5, I was so wickedly hung over that I only managed 30 lengths and every single one of them hurt my swollen bloated gassy hungover tummy :(

Not cool, not big and certainly not clever. So I begin week 4 of the challenge, 140 lengths behind. Do What?

Panic not. Swim 6 today and I swam 50 lengths. I plan to do the same thing three more times this week. Of course the best laid plans...but do watch this space!

I've done a graph, but I need to save it in a format that blogger will accept before I can show it to you... I probably need to swim a few more lengths to put on the graph too, so all the lovely people who have sponsored me don't go off at the deep end for my slow progress to date.

So - A bit sh!t right now, but please bear with me. I've done this sort of thing before and I know I can do it again. I won't let you down.

Someone suggested I train for a 10 k run too. I was taken with the idea at first, but I'm undecided on that. If I can't keep on top of one athletic challenge, I don't want to rush into entering into a whole new one at the same time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment